31/03/2016

Why You Should Invest in The Khaki Shirt Dress

Say hello to one of the best staple pieces for spring and summer, the khaki shirt dress is something you should definitely invest in this season.

Outfit Details: Coat: Lily Lu Lu* (similar) / Jumper: Marks & Spencer / Boots: Stuart Weitzman / Glasses: RayBan / Dress: Apricot Clothing* / Bag: Marcb. / Hat: H&M (similar).

This specific piece is from Apricot Clothing and works hard with almost everything in your wardrobe! I teamed mine with a pair of over knee boots and loved the outcome of this combination for more casual days. What makes this the perfect investment piece is the fact you can wear it every day or dress it up for evenings with a pair of heels and a longline mac coat or blazer.

I wanted to keep the colours neutral and went with a combination of black, camel and khaki for a clever mix of warm neutrals for spring. The colours really showcase the beautiful shade of khaki and this is my all time favourite colour to wear every season; just because it highlights the red in my hair and compliments most colours in my wardrobe.

I finished the outfit off with some clever accessories from my classic Ray-Bans and a chic cross body bag from Marc B. I loved how this outfit turned out and excited to experiment with the Khaki dress when the warmer weather starts to come in and try pairing it with more brighter and neutral colours in my wardrobe.

What’re your thoughts on Khaki? Will you be investing in the Khaki Dress or Shirt this Spring/Summer?

Some of these items have been sent to me for review and will be appropriately marked. Please see my disclaimer for more information

8 responses to “Why You Should Invest in The Khaki Shirt Dress”

I love and appreciate every comment but unfortunately I can’t reply to all comments like I used to but read every one! Thank you 🙂 xx

2. Jenn Dalisay says:

Gorgeous outfit. 🙂

Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

3. Abby Castro says:

Gorgeous dress indeed! It’s a must-have!

xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

4. Faye Fearon says:

Lovely post, dear!! .x

5. The Sunday Mode says:

I do love khaki as well so it’s a wonder that I don’t have any khaki pieces in my wardrobe. You’re right that khaki really works well with your hair colour, the two go together perfectly!

6. Martha Jane says:

A jumper underneath a shirt dress. GENIUS! It looks so good, I think I might have a khaki shirt dress in my wardrobe from last year. That’s terrible that I’m not sure! x

Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

7. Lauren says:

The dress is gorgeous. I would never have thought to wear a jumper dress underneath it but it looks really nice. I am quite boring with the colours I wear (usually white, black and grey) but khaki is a colour I could add to my wardrobe without going too far out of my comfort zone

Lauren x | http://www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com