31/12/2014

LUSH THE GREEENCH DEODORANT

I have been looking for a natural deodorant for months now and tried a few different brands in the process but since using The Greeench by Lush, I have to say this is the best one by far!
lushcosmetics, krystelcouture, beautyblog, naturaldeodorant, thegreeench,
thegreeenchdeodorantpowder, lush, natural, skincare, review
Deodorant: Lush Greeench

I got sick of using aluminium based deodorants and wanted a more natural alternative! Aluminum deodorants are bad for us and our overall health, but the problem here is that fact they work so well. Now I am not going to get into a deep conversation as to why aluminium based deodorants are bad for us, but I have seen a couple of articles around the web based on links with cancer, mostly breast cancer, caused by using deodorants with nasty chemicals in them. Yes this did scare me a little, and I am very conscious when it comes to eating and using certain things, so I figured a natural alternative would be more beneficial.

Deodorants block sweat by dissolving on contact and creating a thin coating of gel to cover the sweat glands, this in return reduces the amount of sweat released. This method works and lasts hours, however, it can also be a bad thing because it blocks the sweat ducts, whereas natural methods don’t block the sweat ducts. The skin is the body’s largest organ and the majority of what’s applied on our skin will eventually be absorbed into the blood stream, this is why it’s important to stick to more natural cosmetics/products for skin care. This can’t be avoidable all the time. I have used products that aren’t so beneficial to my skin or the environment but Greeench contains lots of essential oils that are antibacterial and antiseptic such as Tea Tree, Thyme Oil, Sage, Rosemary powders and Lycopodium. I am actually impressed with the results from this powder and recently got myself a body puff from eBay to apply the powder more easily.

I was looking everywhere for a body puff and couldn’t find one! 🙁 Luckily eBay had a few but they don’t seem to be in high demand at the moment. The smell of this powder deodorant is very different to anything I have tried, but it’s not over powering! I find this effective and it does last, but sometimes I do find myself having to reapply the powder. On very hot day’s it does make you sweat still or even if you’re walking fast which I do often; even although this makes you sweat, it doesn’t smell but it can be slightly annoying if it’s a hot or clammy day, meaning you need to apply more powder for better protection. It’s coming up for winter now so this will not be a problem in the colder weather, making it perfect for everyday wear and definitely, a must have! I am still on my journey to finding the perfect natural deodorant and I will make sure to share these with you in time… 🙂

33 responses to “LUSH THE GREEENCH DEODORANT”

1. My friend was looking everywhere for a body puff & she impressed with the results from this powder. Really A great option for the winter months.

Thanks Jenny for sharing this post. Great Job!!

Thanks Alice x

Thanks lovely and I highly recommend you give it a try, see how you get on 🙂 x

4. Jen27 says:

Ooh, glad to hear this one is a winner! I’d love to ditch aluminum-based deodorants as well, so may have to snag a sample of this one 🙂

-Jen

Thanks Jen <3 and I always try to use natural deodorant but sometimes they can be less effective compared to the normal drug store ones so it can be unavoidable 🙁 xx

5. Chic Happiness says:

I love lush! I have never been able to find a good powder deodorant! I will definitely try it!
    x

6. The Style Rawr says:

I’ve never thought about the ingredients in deodorant before! :O Thankfully I don’t sweat much so I’d love to try this!!

I have always been aware of the ingredients but never looked much into it until a couple of months back but must admit some natural deodorants can be less effective compared to the drug store ones but this one works great for me x

7. Kaley Beery says:

I really want to try that!! Great share!

xoxo

Kaley

My Closet Life Blog

8. Fergzillas * says:

I have never ever saw a powder version of a deodorant… but it looks great! 🙂
    best wishes for 2015!! 🙂
    Fergzillas*
    😀

9. Jasmin Charlotte says:

I think this is a great option for the winter months when I don’t sweat too much, I definitely need to look into this next time I am in Lush! x

Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

10. Kelsey & Kenecha says:

Gosh you got me scared now haha! Must look for the product, thanks for the help!! 🙂

Happy New Year!

Aww sorry I never meant to scare anyone just spread awareness 🙂 tbh it’s not something you think about when using products but I kept seeing so much hype around deodorants and the chemicals inside so decided to research and find more natural alternatives, this one is my current favourite xx

11. casuallyawkward says:

Loved reading your review, truly enjoy the way you write x

Wishing you a very very lovely new year.

Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

12. Lucy Goodman says:

oooo sounds good I would love to try it! I hate spray deodorants so this would be a great alternative! Have a lovely NYE xx

Thanks Lucy 🙂 I hate spray deodorants too! In-fact I used to use roll on ones before going natural <3 Happy New Year! xx

13. jennie says:

Ohh interesting – I’ve been looking into more natural deodorants and haven’t come across a powder until now! xo

You should definitely try this it’s great! I am still testing other brands but LUSH always perform great x

14. Maeve ThriftO'Clock says:

This sounds really interesting & it’s definitely got me thinking about the effects of aluminium deodorants!
    Maeve // Thrift O’Clock

Thank you lovely and it really does! I just never thought much about the damaging effects deodorants can have but really happy to try natural alternatives x

15. Ally Gong says:

This is such a great recommendation! Sounds perfect. I never even knew powder deodorants existed haha, thanks for sharing! xD
    allygong.com
    -Ally Gong

16. Ina R. says:

Interesting! I’ve never really heard much about powder deodorants. It’s a bummer it doesn’t work on very hot days but I guess it’s not so bad that you hace to re-apply it considering that it’s still so much better for your body than normal deodorants that stay on all day but contain aluminium.
    I especially like that they say you can sprinkle it over sweaty feet, I might try that out.

17. Raffaelli says:

Lush is always good! I lie its products.

Merry Christmas, dear! And Happy New year!

Margo Raffaelli