29/10/2014

SLEEK LIPSTICK IN DARE

I would definitely be stuck between Dare and Mac Diva when it comes to comparing lipstick shades! They both match perfectly but Dare gravitates more towards the darker side and comes with a much richer burgundy hue compared to Diva, which has more red/berry undertones.
burgundylipstick, darklipstick, makeup, krystelcouture,
sleeklipstick, sleekdareswatch, beauty blog, cosmetics,
sleek matte lipstick in dare, beauty, makeup, sleek cosmetics,
sleek lipstick, sleek cosmetics, krystel couture, beauty blogger,
Lipstick: Sleek in Dare c/o
More budget friendly, sleek dare is definitely a must have for Autumn/Winter and looks gorgeous when applied! It really brings out my eyes and has an almost naturally dramatic vibe about it…. I say naturally because it’s the perfect shade for the colder months and doesn’t look out of place! It’s dark enough for evenings but subtle enough for casual wear. Very crisp and straight to the point, the main factor I love about this lipstick, and just how gorgeous it looks against my pale skin.

I do have one slight problem with this lipstick and that comes down to how dry the formula is! If I am completely honest, this must be one of the most drying lipstick I have ever used. I have to prep my lips with lot’s of lip balm and a harsh scrub before attempting to apply this lipstick, it highlights dry skin so you need to make sure and prep properly before applying this, also I find myself having to reapply lip balm more often to keep my lips hydrated, which can be a commitment. So be warned if you do plan to buy this, you might need a super moisturising lip balm, then again I am more prone to dry lips, especially in winter.

Dryness aside I find this lipstick shade somewhat seductive and very vampish in colour! I love how it completely transforms your makeup and it also looks very classy. I find it worth the extra hassle and the outcome look incredible, the price also makes this more worthwhile and the fact each lipstick from the Sleek range contains vitamin E and they also don’t test on animals. A true matte formula that lasts long, for me around 1-2 hours which isn’t long compared to other lipstick brands, but again you have to remember this is more reasonably priced and it is more drying compared to other formulas.
What’re your thoughts on this? Have you tried any Sleek lipsticks?

44 responses to “SLEEK LIPSTICK IN DARE”

1. Letty says:

Sleek cosmetics are really nice. Great review!!
    BeautyConclusions.blogspot.com

2. Roxy Cole says:

Such a gorgeous colour perfect for winter 🙂 would love it if you could follow me on GFC and bloglovin also leave a comment beaut! http://www.roxancolex.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks Jessica 🙂 you really need to try them, they’re fab, and I love matte too! just with a little more hydration 😉 its easy to keep on top of tho! xx

4. Theano L. says:

wowow!! amazing lipstick!! want it now!!

Thank you 🙂 and I highly recommend you do! xx

Thanks lovely and it does last but it breaks down over time and leaves my lips so dry 🙁 so I like to re-apply with lip balm occasionally to keep it looking fresh 🙂 x

7. I absolutely LOVE this colour!! But it’s such a shame about the drying formula 🙁 x

Angela | The Sunday Chapter

Thanks so much and it’s gorgeous isn’t it? I know it really puts a downer on the lipstick 🙁 I don’t like drying formulas but this is bearable, just because I love the shade xx

8. i.s. says:

gorgeous color! perfect for fall and winter x

9. Kie I. says:

Really cool shade – such a bummer it’s so drying – besides the color the hydration factor is definitely my top concern with lipsticks, especially during the autumn and winter!

Thanks and I know it’s upsetting as the shade really is beautiful but the formula is pretty drying for me 🙁 x

10. I can barely tell the difference once they’re on your lips! That color looks wonderful with your hair. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

11. Paola Lauretano says:

Amazing shade!!!

Ciao bellissima!

Expressyourself

My Facebook

12. Michele Paco says:

Great review ! That lipstick looks amazing on you ! 🙂

13. Such a beautiful lipstick color! Pity that is is drying, I don’t like lipstick formulations that are drying…so I’ll probably skip out on it! Thanks for your thoughts!
    <3 Pauline, http://asianhomie101.blogspot.com/

14. Annabel B says:

This looks like such a good alternative to the Kate Moss ones, and I need to stop overlooking Sleek. But you look stunning, as per usual!

Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

Ohh I have never tried the Kate Moss ones? and I definitely recommend sleek! Great prices and the cosmetics are incredible, especially the eyeshadow and blush palettes xx

15. Vicki Skitt says:

What a gorgeous colour, i love the casing to it! So cool
    Love VictoriaJanex

16. El Willmer says:

This is such a gorgeous colour! Although I don’t like drying lipsticks very much!

elwillmer.blogspot.com

Thank you lovely and me neither 🙁 I have very dry lips and this doesn’t help! But like I said I re-apply regularly to keep it looking fresh with lip balm xx

17. Kiki Mincks says:

I love wearing reds and berry shades during the fall. It’s def the best time to embrace our pale skin! (:

18. Eilidh says:

wow such a gorgeous colour, looks so perfect! the dryness of it would annoy me though

Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

Thanks lovely and it can be annoying but its worth it for such a pretty shade, just extra work! 😉 x

19. This lipstick is such a beautiful colour and suits you so well!

20. The Style Rawr says:

Shame it’s a little dry, the colour is just perfect on you! My MAC Prep + Prim Lip arrived yesterday, the plan is it will help with drying lipsticks!

Thanks lovely and its very drying 🙁 I will have to check this out! I find MAC Diva pretty drying but not as bad as this shade from sleek! thanks for sharing 🙂 xx

21. Nothing’s better than a vampy lip for fall! Dare seems to suit you perfectly. I personally love wine shades that have a purplish blue undertone. I find they work the best with my super fair skin.

Have a great week!

XxMO
    madame-ostrich.com

I couldn’t agree more :’) and I would love a wine shade sounds perfect for my complexion! thanks for sharing 🙂 x

22. Catherine says:

I always loveee Sleek products! This is such a pretty colour – definitely need to keep my eye out for it!

http//skylish.co.uk

Thanks lovely and you should its a gorgeous shade, you just need to make more effort trying to keep your lips hydrated 🙂 x

23. This color looks beautiful on you! Perfect for fall!

Missmacbeauty | Missmacbeauty