29/08/2014

ALCHEMY GRAPEFRUIT HAIR REMEDY

I love a good hair remedy and Alchemy was a new brand I have never tried before so I couldn’t wait to try it out!! Hair Oils come in really handy for my hair especially when the ends are dry and needing a quick moisture boost. I always find hair oils pretty expensive, but that’s because they are packed with nutrients and vitamins to repair the hair and keep it strong.
Grapefruit Hair Remedy, Alchemy Oils – £17.99*

This oil was unique to the eye with the appealing packaging and bottle concept, I really like this idea and the wooden cork stopper to keep the liquid fresh and fragrant. The oil coats the hair beautifully, I normally apply to the ends of my hair as this is the most drying part and it also helps tame split ends and prevents them. Made with natural ingredients such as coconut, avocado, almond and castor oils which work in sync to promote hair growth, thicken and impact lustrous shine. Its topped off with a beautiful strong scent of citrus, and I find this really uplifting in the mornings and energizing!!

I wouldn’t say this was as weightless compared to other oils I have used in the past, I do find it more noticeable when applied to the ends of my hair and the serum is more of a liquid consistency and not really thick. I find thicker formulas easier to apply and the oil seamlessly melts into the hair and gives beautiful shine and smooth’s out flyaway’s, but with this formula, it does take longer to penetrate the hair shaft and weighs down the hair a little, but I still like the oil and find the smell incredible!! I would recommend you apply this to dry hair and you only need the smallest amount, otherwise, you will end up with very greasy ends as this oil is very rich.

I have tried using this on damp hair and feel it doesn’t penetrate as well as it should do compared to using it on dry hair, which I prefer to do as you have more control over the amount you put onto your hair. I would highly recommend to never put this oil near the scalp as this would be too much oil and you will just end up with very oily hair, so do try and keep it on the ends of your hair to stop split ends and dryness. When it comes to hair oils some work better for different hair types it just depends on how much product you use and what works with your hair, my hair is more oily at the scalp but dryer to the ends so I find it better to use on the ends of my hair.

Whats your favourite hair oil? and have you tried this?

Jenny ♥

14 responses to “ALCHEMY GRAPEFRUIT HAIR REMEDY”

Thanks Gabby and I recommend you do, you can use this on dry or wet hair but I do advise you use it as a hair treatment, then wash the product out 20 minutes later to avoid oily hair xx

Thanks so much lovely <3 and this is definitely for the ends but you can apply it before washing your hair as a mini mask treatment, this way you will be left with non-greasy hair and lovely shine xx

3. The Style Rawr says:

Interesting! How would you rate it in comparison to MoroccanOil? 🙂

I have not tried Moroccan oil as of yet!! But I have used Macadamia Oil and both are very pricey but I think these are much better compared to this oil, mainly because they can be used on dry/wet hair without producing to much oil or weighing down the hair. However this grapefruit oil can be used as a 20 minuted treatment before shampooing your hair so this is a nice factor but all round I like Macadamia oil as you can use it in hair dye and other uses. I will definitely be trying Moroccan oil soon tho! xx

4. Teeny Titch says:

I really like the sound of this, thanks for sharing x

5. Hola Bambi says:

I really like the sound of this! Thanks for sharing x

6. alice lester says:

love the design of this bottle, it looks adorable!
    alice x

7. Amy Liddell says:

I really like the sound of this, I’ve found hair oils have helped my hair stay in good condition but I agree you have to be careful how much you apply!

Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

Thanks Amy 🙂 really happy you liked the post and I totally agree I normally stick to Macadamia Oil and this works wonders on my hair!! Very pricey tho but it lasts months, tbh mines might even be over a year old now ha,ha xx

8. Nicole Aguinaldo says: