10/02/2014

COCOA BROWN

Wow, what can I say this has to be the best fake tan I have ever used! The tan comes in a mousse form making it extra luxurious to apply and easier to spread out evenly on larger areas such as the arms/legs.
fake tan, beauty blog, cocoa brown fake tan, 1 hour tan, tan,
cocoa brown, tough stuff, self tan applicator mitt, fake tan,

Cocoa Brown Tanning Mitt, feelunique.com – £2.99*
Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Instant Tan, feelunique.com – £6.99*
Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff Scrub, feelunique.com – £2.50*

I really liked the finished results especially on such pale skin as mine it can be a nightmare to find a tan that looks somewhat natural! 🙂 The processing time was extremely quick, and I left the tan on for just under 3 hours and feel it leaves a nice natural shade especially on lighter skin tones where it can be more noticeable that you have applied fake tan. The smell really is incredible somewhat fruity and is not over powering and very subtle I thought to leave a nice scent on the skin for hours after removal.

A few days following up to my application I made extra sure to exfoliate and moisturise and I must also point out this is naturally very moisturising and non-drying! I have included a picture above with my normal “pale” skin tone and the “Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan”  and you can really notice a huge difference between the two and this is perfect for me as it’s still natural and not overdone but if you prefer a darker/deep tan then you can always build the product up over a period of time.

I have never used a tanning mitt before and was pleasantly surprised at the results using the Mitt and felt it was much easier giving you more control and leaves the tan nice and even without patches or fading. The product lasts up to 5 days and you can apply to your body and face, it also includes vegetable derived DHA and no parabens. I think this makes an amazing product especially for the low price as it’s such a steal for a great quality product and results you would expect from more expensive brands on the market so if I decide to tan during the summer months this will be my No.1 choice alongside Xen-Tan.

Rating:
Product Negatives:
  • Comes up very dark on dry patches, so make sure to exfoliate
Product Positives:
  • Nice Packaging/Easy to use
  • Very moisturising on the skin
  • Foam Application
  • Informative Packaging
  • Fast results from start to finish
  • Product lasts for 5 days if not longer
  • Smells incredible and Excellent value for money!
  • Foam has a light brown shade for easy application as a guide

What do you think of this fake tan and have you tried it before?

33 responses to “COCOA BROWN”

1. Tatjana says:

oh i need this! it’s perfect for winterttime ^^

ELLE

It’s great as it leaves a nice even layer giving your skin more colour but looking natural/minimal at the same time 🙂 x

2. Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie says:

Ooh it looks so natural, I love it! I never wear fake tan as I’m so pale it takes too much effort to do from head to toe just to look normal haha xx

Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

Haha I totally agree that’s why I highly recommend this as it works and because its a mousse it works perfectly and spreads evenly x

3. Mélane x says:

Looks like a good tanning product! I love the packaging, very girly 🙂

xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

I can’t recommend this enough! Comparing to more expensive brands on the market this stuff is great and at a lower price really worth a try if your looking for something at a more budget friendly price x

5. i.s. says:

looks like a great product x

6. Nuša Pavlič says:

Wow looks really lovely – a noticeable difference, yet natural.
    xx, moonchild beauty blog

7. getcarriedaway says:

great review!
    have a wonderful week!

8. FAIIINT says:

It looks like such a subtle, natural colour on the before/after photo! It’s always a nightmare finding tans for such pale skins, but this looks like a really good one. I don’t usually like to fake tan my body, as I’m happy being pale, but if I’m going bare legged I always like to put a little on them or a bit of bronzer otherwise I think my legs would glow in the dark with how white & pale they are! Hah! ;D

It really is natural on the skin I just wish I got better photos but the weather has been so miserable lately 🙁 and I totally agree pale skin is like a no tan zone as it comes up either orange or patchy haha! Normally I just stick with being pale as I find tan fussy to do but this summer I might just make more effort and give it a go 🙂 otherwise I look like a ghost I am that pale I don’t seem to tan or burn in summer very odd! x

9. Sammy C says:

Fab review! It gives a nice colour 🙂

10. Chrissabella says:

Great review, looks like a good fake tan!

Greetings from London,

chrissabella.blogspot.com

11. megcasson says:

This stuff looks great.
    I want to try it.

12. The Style Rawr says:

I really like that it’s so natural, orange fake tan on pale girls like us is a big no no! 😉

I know right! It’s something I witness a lot during summer especially in Scotland haha as its hard to tan here so the majority of us are Pale as ever! :’D I always find because I am so pale fake tan is a no go altogether as it just comes out very dark/patchy and orange but this stuff blended effortlessly giving a nice natural finish! x

13. Louise Smith says:

It’s such a natural pretty colour! Will need to try this!

14. Wieteke says:

It looks really natural, so pretty! x Wieteke
    Meant To Attend

It really is! Hopefully I can get some better photos when the weather gets better as this product really is incredible! x