White Denim

Spring marks the perfect time to have a little denim update to freshen up my wardrobe with some lighter washes and beautiful crisp whites.

Outfit Details: Jeans: G-Star, Shoes: Nike, Bag: ILEX LONDON, Coat: Warehouse, Top: ALLSAINTS, Glasses: Clavin Klein

These jeans from G-Star come in a skinny fit but I've had to do some DIY to the hems to give them a more cropped fit because the length is always too long for my short legs. Being 5 ft 3 is never easy and a huge task of mine is finding jeans that fit perfectly! This is one of the reasons why I do it myself and take a couple of inches off to showcase my footwear.  I've always loved the just above the ankle fit and find it most flattering on me, especially when wearing heels or cute lace-up sandals. I've mostly been wearing these jeans with my Nike Force trainers for casual wear and because they have a crisp white finish for spring/summer to keep my feet cooler.

These would work even harder with lace-up sandals come summer. We've been having the most amazing warm spell here as of late and I'm excited that I can get my sandals out earlier than anticipated and love teaming them with jeans or loose fitted trousers. To finish this outfit I accessorised with some simple pieces such as my favourite khaki shoulder bag from ILEX London. Glasses are always important and I recently treated myself to these Clavin Klein shades, which look super chic with the tortoiseshell finish.

Have you picked up some lighter washes of denim for the warmer months?

Share:

16 Comments

• 13th June 2016 / 9:41 AM

Thanks Terri x

• 13th June 2016 / 9:41 AM

Thanks Emma x

1. 12th May 2016 / 11:08 AM

I definitely think a lighter denim looks so nice in the weather months! I’ve always wanted to try white jeans but am terrified at how dirty they’d end up, so might just stick to the lighter blue denim for now 🙂

• 13th June 2016 / 9:42 AM

I’m not going to lie they can get dirty pretty quick! One mark and you’d have to wash them as it stands out like a sore thumb ha,ha! Luckily for me I’ve bought more white pieces so it’s not so hard to wash everything as I just wash all my whites at once with whitening powder to make them more white! 🙂 x

2. The Sunday Mode
    12th May 2016 / 9:32 AM

Ah I’m jealous of your warmer weather! It’s been freezing where I live. I love adding lighter denim to my wardrobe when the weather starts to warm up as well though, I feel like it makes all of your outfits look so much fresher, if that makes sense?

• 13th June 2016 / 9:43 AM

Don’t be jealous, the warmer weather is totally gone now! We’ve been hit with rain and cloud for the past week now! 🙁 And that totally makes sense! I need some lighter denim washes as I only really have dark blues and blacks 🙁 x

3. 12th May 2016 / 6:11 AM

I love that bag!!! Can’t beat white denim during the summer xx

• 13th June 2016 / 9:31 AM

Thanks Gemma and you definitely can’t! xx

4. 12th May 2016 / 12:20 AM

Such a nice casual and stylist look! Love your jeans. I so need a white pair of denim this summer, I don’t own any. xx

• 13th June 2016 / 9:30 AM

Thanks so much and if you don’t own a pair of white jeans it’s definitely time to treat yourself to a pair! 😉 x

• 13th June 2016 / 9:30 AM

5. 11th May 2016 / 5:22 PM

Love this look! I feel you with the height thing – It’s almost impossible to find a pair of jeans that fits perfectly in one go! They look great though and I really love the way you made them work for you. These definitely would pair well with sandals possibly on a more cloudy summers day!
    I’m so afraid of wearing white pants (for somewhat obvious reasons!) I feel like it’ll be the day I manage to sit on something gross on the subway or have an unexpected gift 😉

• 13th June 2016 / 9:45 AM

Thanks Lindsey and I wish I could wear sandals with these but haven’t had the opportunity yet with the weather been so gloomy and miserable! 🙁 and ha,ha! I think thats the downside to wearing white! It gets dirty so quick and needs washed frequently! Luckily enough I’ve managed to buy in more white pieces so washing isn’t as bad as I was all my whites together with whitening powder to make them whiter but before it would be a struggle and I’d hate having to wash one pair of white jeans and a top, seems a waste :’D x