Velvet Noir Volume Mascara by Marc Jacobs

A couple of months back I received a surprise parcel from New York and had no idea what was awaiting inside!! To my shock, it was the new Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara, and boy this is a good one.

marcjacobsvelvetnoirmascara, krystelcouture, marcjacobsbeauty,

Product Details: Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara*

The mascara arrived in a sleek black box and when you open the lid up you're presented with a screen playing the ad for the mascara and this also comes with sound and automatic playback features; Very cool and definitely something I've never experienced before! The Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara is definitely one to try out if you are wanting that false lash look on the go. The hourglass brush separates lashes effortlessly and really does add more definition and volume from the first stroke but I normally like to apply two/three coats for the full benefits of this mascara. The tube is much larger than your average packaging but more compact in return. I find it great for popping into my handbag and it has a really nice luxurious finish to it. The shade is super black and looks really flattering for evening and everyday wear! In my honest opinion, I always use black mascara and haven't really dabbled in browns before but do love burgundy's against my blue eyes and red hair.

The formula I find it very moist compared to other brands I've tried and does in return smudge much easier so you have to apply the mascara generously and more controlled to prevent smudges. It takes longer to dry and I normally like to wait a minute or under before applying the next coat as applying the next coat straight away could clump up the formula and make the finish not as flattering. This lasts all day and I normally have my make-up on for well over 8 hours! I do find when using eyelash curlers beforehand the shape and volume last longer but without the shape starts to straighten and you lose the curl. It's highly pigmented and gives the definition I desire from my mascara without needing to top up throughout the day.

What're your thoughts on this mascara? Have you tried it?

Some of these items have been sent to me for review and will be appropriately marked. Please see my disclaimer for more information

Share:

15 Comments

1. 13th June 2016 / 9:16 AM

Thanks Kate and your totally right, in all honesty I’ve never thought of that concept but everybody’s lashes are different in length and volume so the outcome can vary!! I think this is worth a try with it being a false lash mascara as you can’t really go wrong with the little fibres that open up your eyes! 🙂 x

2. Adaleta Avdic
    21st May 2016 / 11:10 PM

You’re a total babe & this mascara looks amazing on you. I love the geometric packaging! xx adaatude.com

• 13th June 2016 / 9:14 AM

Aww thanks so much lovely and the packaging stunning isn’t it? So simple in design but eye catching x

3. 18th May 2016 / 9:09 PM

Gorgeous packaging and I would 100% keep that box forever, how sad am I!! This mascara does look good on you 🙂

• 13th June 2016 / 9:14 AM

Thanks El and I’ve stored the box away to keep ha,ha love it! x

• 13th June 2016 / 9:14 AM

Thanks so much! 🙂 x

• 13th June 2016 / 9:17 AM

The Illamasqua Masquara is brilliant! Huge fan of this but never reviewed it on here yet which is strange ha,ha! You should give both of these mascaras a try but Illamasqua is slightly cheaper I’d say! xx

4. 17th May 2016 / 9:18 AM

I’ve heard a lot of good things about this one! I really adore the packaging too, it’s unlike any mascara I’ve ever seen while still being very sleek.

nueyork.blogspot.com

• 13th June 2016 / 9:18 AM

Thank you and I love the packaging too! It’s much different to anything else I’ve seen before! x

• 13th June 2016 / 9:18 AM

You should give it a try, I’m sure you wont regret it and thanks so much for the lovely comment! x

5. The Sunday Mode
    17th May 2016 / 1:48 AM

I’ve never tried this mascara or anything from Marc Jacobs beauty before but this sounds really good. I don’t love that it’s more of a wet formula though, I’ve tried mascaras like that in the past and I just can’t get around the smudges!

• 13th June 2016 / 9:20 AM

This is my first Marc Jacobs Beauty experience and hopefully not the last after loving this so much! I’d like to try other things from the range but it can be slightly pricey! And I totally get what you mean by smudges! I’m not that bad but my lashes are long and when applying these mascaras I do get small smudges or product around my eyes from my lashes rubbing off the skin! Maybe your lashes are naturally longer and basically you wouldn’t need such gimmicks as these that enhance smaller lashes for a false effect <3