TBH Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream

I’ve been using The Body Shop Tea Tree BB cream for months now but wouldn’t say it’s the best BB cream I’ve come across. This is the lightest shade in 01 Light from the range and still had that strong smell you notice with all of The Body Shop Tea Tree collection; which I like.

thebodyshopteatreebbcream, teatree, bbcream, thebodyshop,

the-body-shop-tea-tree-bb-cream-after

Product Details:  The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream in shade 01 Light

What interests me about this BB cream is the active community fair trade organic tea tree oil from Kenya, this gives off the strong antiseptic scent. In a way this makes me feel good as part of my makeup base as I know it’s helping my skin as well as covering up what blemishes and scarring I do have. The consistency, however, is very thick and like no other BB cream I’ve used before! This was a problem at first but it’s soon grown on me and easy enough to blend. I do find the consistency it doesn’t provide much coverage which is a slight let down. After application, I always go on to apply my foundation to complete my base because the BB cream isn’t the best product for wearing alone if you have problematic skin.

This shade is much lighter than I originally thought and could have got away with going for a shade darker to 02 Medium as you can see from the second photo in this post it’s much lighter compared to the finished look in the last photos after applying my foundation. The cream does sink in nicely and evens the skin out for a flawless base and overall for the price, it’s a great skincare/makeup product to have to hand for emergencies and for when my skins really bad. It does help keep oiliness at bay whilst preventing breakouts as I haven’t had anything drastic since I started using this. Overall it gives a lovely fresh smell and even if it’s not the best BB cream I’ve used I will still purchase again as it’s the only formula I’ve come across that includes the necessary ingredients to treat blemishes and prevent excess oil.

Have you used TBH Tea Tree BB cream before? What’re your thoughts?

Share:

12 Comments

1. 10th February 2016 / 8:06 AM

Oh, wow… This looks like it might be pale enough for me after looking up swatches. Thanks for letting us know it exists!

2. 5th February 2016 / 3:20 PM

I haven`t tried this, but I had the Vitamin E BB cream and I wasn`t too impressed with it. I definitely had a problem with the shade, I think that like in your case, shade 1 was way too pale for me.

3. 4th February 2016 / 7:00 AM

I’d like to try this and compare it to my absolute fave BB cream by Vichy! I like the thought of the tea tree actually working on my skin. 🙂

T xx

4. The Sunday Mode
    4th February 2016 / 12:16 AM

I love that this includes tea tree because as you said, any ingredients that can help sooth my skin is always appealing to me. At the same time though I don’t think I get on too well with BB creams in general because I tend to favour more coverage. I like to cover up my post acne scars and BB creams are usually way too light to do that sadly.

5. 3rd February 2016 / 9:40 PM

I really like the idea of a tea tree version, I much prefer the ones that help your skin as well as cover where you need to. I haven’t tried this before so now really intrigued! I never try much of the Body Shop ranges. Your eyebrows are amazing! x

Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com/

6. 3rd February 2016 / 7:39 PM

I love BB creams! But I’ve never tried the Body shop ones! Some of their makeup in the past hasn’t agreed with me colour and skin-wise. However this does a pretty decent job! I love the Vichy ProEven BB cream, it helps to lighten any dark spots and it applies well on oily skin 🙂
    Thanks for sharing!

7. Jennifer
    3rd February 2016 / 2:54 PM

Girl your hair. I do like tea tree oil for blemishes and my skin seems to have gone mad recently so might have to pick this up! Love the photos

8. 3rd February 2016 / 12:03 PM

I have been thinking more recently that I might start using BB creams or CC creams rather than foundation, it’s also because I really want it to be Summer and I prefer BB creams in the Summer! I definitely like the idea of having a cream that covers but could also be helping my skin, but I’m not too sure how I would get on with the smell!

9. 3rd February 2016 / 3:01 AM

I need to try this! Thanks for sharing hun!

xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com